About Our Chapter
The Long Island Chapter of Trout Unlimited is a group of men and women whose focus is to restore and conserve Long Island's coldwater fisheries. Our 400+ members are mostly from the Nassau & Suffolk County regions of New York. Our chapter holds regular meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month except July & August (we sometimes have date changes so be sure to check the calendar). We focus on important conservation issues at these meetings, and also leave some time aside at the end of our meeting to have an entertaining guest speaker. We also hold our Annual Banquet in April.
We get involved in Trout in the Classroom, DEC Camps for youths, stream cleanups, resource management, fundraising campaigns, adopt a service person, and other activities which ensure healthy watersheds for our children and their children. Please visit our website periodically as we will provide continous updates about our different initiatives, offer exciting raffles, and inform you about important events.
Monthly meetings are held the third tuesday of every month except July and August at the VFW in Hicksville at 7:30pm.
Keep up to date by adding the calendar to your phone or computer here.
Click on events below to learn more!
Signup for our stream improvement and cleanup mailing list:
Each month of the year except July and August we release recent news, contributed stories, tips on fishing, videos of our latest meetings, and photos of recent fishing trips and cleanups.
Chapter Meeting - Elections
June 19, 2018: Hicksville VFW
List of Recent Updates to Website & Chapter Events
-Latest Paumonok uploaded for June. See page.
- June elections scheduled - slate is Mike Russell for President, Jason Creech for Vice President, See Paumonok Newsletter (above) for more.
- Roll-out of Open Source Public project management system for all Conservation Projects
- NYC Parks research permit applied for Alley Creek stocking
- Walk-through of Welwyn preserve creek done with DEC
- Walk-through of Massapequa Preserve conducted in advance of October boy scout stream improvement event
- Added Nutrient Pollution and Thermal Pollution Page
- Date of the banquet has been scheduled for November 2, 2018