About Our Chapter
The Long Island Chapter of Trout Unlimited is a group of men and women whose focus is to restore and conserve Long Island's coldwater fisheries. Our 400+ members are mostly from the Nassau & Suffolk County regions of New York. Our chapter holds regular meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month except July & August (we sometimes have date changes so be sure to check the calendar). We focus on important conservation issues at these meetings, and also leave some time aside at the end of our meeting to have an entertaining guest speaker. We also hold our Annual Banquet in April.
We get involved in Trout in the Classroom, DEC Camps for youths, stream cleanups, resource management, fundraising campaigns, adopt a service person, and other activities which ensure healthy watersheds for our children and their children. Please visit our website periodically as we will provide continous updates about our different initiatives, offer exciting raffles, and inform you about important events.
Monthly meetings are held the third tuesday of every month except July and August at the VFW in Hicksville at 7:30pm.
Keep up to date by adding the calendar to your phone or computer here.
Click on events below to learn more!
Signup for our stream improvement and cleanup mailing list:
Each month of the year except July and August we release recent news, contributed stories, tips on fishing, videos of our latest meetings, and photos of recent fishing trips and cleanups.
Saturday April 21, 10am - 1pm: Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, 1031 Old Rte 17, Livingston Manor, NY 12758
Lunch Included. Contact Peter Dubno (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested!
Chapter Meeting - Tracy Brown - Northeast Restoration Coordinator
Tuesday, May 15, 2018: Hicksville VFW
Chapter Meeting - Elections
June 19, 2018: Hicksville VFW
List of Recent Updates to Website & Chapter Events
- Roll-out of Open Source Public project management system for all Conservation Projects
- Date of the banquet has been scheduled for November 2, 2018
- May TU outing roster is full but reach out if you're interested and Feather's Hook may still have room!
- June TU outing is scheduled and payment will be collected at May meeting
- Beaverkill Cleanup Scheduled for April 21 - See above.
- Tracy Brown, TU Northeast Restoration Coordinator scheduled for May meeting presentation - see above
- Long Island stream guide added to website for purchase
- June elections scheduled - slate still being worked on
- NYC Parks research permit applied for Alley Creek stocking
- Walk-through of Welwyn preserve creek done with DEC
- Walk-through of Massapequa Preserve conducted in advance of October boyscout stream improvement event
- Sponsor links updated.
- Added Nutrient Pollution and Thermal Pollution Page