POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR RUNNING
LONG ISLAND TROUT UNLIMITED
CHAPTER FISHING TRIP
The Trip Organizer or his/her proxy shall announce the trip at a General Chapter meeting no less than three months prior to the month of the trip. The announcement should include date, destinations, accommodations, pricing, etc.
1. June trips shall be announced at the March Meeting.
2. May trips shall be announced at the February Meeting.
- The Trip Organizer shall indicate whether he/she will be accepting payment and making the reservations or whether payment and reservations are to be made by individual members directly with the Motel/Hotel.
- The trip shall be posted on the Chapter Website and published in the Paumonok within the same time frame
- TU Chapter Fishing trips in September shall be announced at the May General Meeting and published on the website in the May Paumonok. Payment shall be collected no later than June’s General meeting.
- Chapter Fishing trips in October shall be announced at the June Chapter Meeting and payment made no later than September’s Meeting.
For Trips where the Trip Organizer is making the reservations and collecting deposits, the Trip Organizer shall maintain TWO NUMBERED SIGN IN SHEET.
- A list of Merit based Members
- A LIST FOR CHAPTER MEMBERS who shall have the opportunity to sign on the list at the Time of Announcement or at anytime thereafter up to the General Meeting one month prior to the trip, should there be available accommodations. The Trip Organizer shall maintain the list in numerical order.
PREFERENCE for accommodations at the designated Hotel, Motel etc shall be given to:
Current Long Island TU Chapter Board Members
- Current Board Members may sign up and pay for a TU Trip anytime three months before the trip or three months before the trip is announced whichever is more beneficial to the preference group. This gives the Board Members an advantage over Chapter Members
- Current Chapter Members who served on at least one Committee within the last 12 months may also sign up and pay for a TU Trip three Months before the trip is scheduled to take place or three months before the trip is announced whichever is more beneficial preference group.
- Each Committee Chair shall maintain an official roster which must be submitted to the Board either during the time the Committee is working or after the Committee has completed its assignment. The roster will provide verification, if necessary, that a member served on a Committee within the last 12 months.
- Should the TU Trip be sold out three months before the date of the trip Board Members will get preference over those who served on a committee.
- The Trip Organizer will maintain two lists of members making reservations and who have paid deposits.
- Main List of Board Members and Committee Members
- A second list of other LITU members who sign up to go on the trip.
- When the first list is compiled, the Trip Organizer will determine the number of availabilities if any. If there are availabilities, the Trip Organizer will sign up all other LITU members who signed up and have paid a deposit.
- If availability for the trip still exists, anyone can sign up and give a deposit at the next Chapter Meeting.
- Once the trip has been filled, anyone wishing to go on the trip will be put on a waiting list, and provided with possible alternative accommodations. They will also be given information regarding meal plans at the designated location (should the designated location offer a meal plan), should the member wish to participate in the meal plan.
NOTE: The Merit System shall only apply when the TU Trip Organizer makes reservations and collects payments. It shall not apply when members make their own accommodations and payments for the Trip.
If the Trip Organizer is responsible for accepting payment and making reservations:
- With the exception of those getting preference due to the Merit System He/She shall begin accepting payment at the time of announcement of the trip or two months prior to the trip depending on the Trip Organizers choice. He/She will continue accepting payment until the trip is filled with members who have fully paid for the trip (payment may be accepted later in cases where a member replaces another member who cannot go on the trip).
- Payment shall be the determining factor deciding who ultimately obtains accommodations at the designated lodging.
- All Members must make payment no later than the General meeting one month prior to the trip.
- If a participant is unable to attend the General Meeting they shall have a proxy pay for them, the payment is to be received and accepted by the Trip Organizer/their designated representative.
- If the exact price of the trip is unknown at the time of signing up the member including those with preference (Board Members and Committee Members) must commit to the trip by making a $100 deposit toward the cost of the trip
RESPONSIBILITY OF TRIP ORGANIZER
The Trip Organizer shall provide a fact sheet containing the following information when available:
- Directions to designated (hotel, motel etc)
- Price of the trip with details of payment arrangements
- Best flies and equipment for the local area
- Names and addresses of local fly shops (if any)
- List of at least two local restaurants in the area (if any)
- List of secondary accommodation locations (Hotels, Cabins, Motels, Bed & Breakfasts etc.)
NOTE: It is NOT the responsibility of the Trip Organizer but rather the individual member’s responsibility, to make their own accommodations and payments for alternate locations of their choice.
Respectfully Submitted Dec. 2019 by:
LITU TRIP POLICY COMMITTEE:
Joe Pepe – Committee Chairman